Self-care–mind, body and spirit is very important. Very often we do so much for others that taking care of ourselves is not in our list of priorities; but we must change that thought process. Bryant McGill states that “taking care of yourself is the most powerful way to begin to take care of others.” The is an ongoing life lesson for me. So I challenge each of you to take the following pledge:
- To ask for what you want in life.
- To remember that you cannot control other people’s actions. Just your reactions.
- To define what happiness means and looks like to you.
- To be more grateful for who’s in your life, instead of who’s not in your life.
- To celebrate each victory, no matter how small.
- To make time for the little things that bring you joy.
Taking time for self-care will empower and strengthen you to take care of others.
Make the pledge today!