As Christians, we should be reflecting light and love in all of our interactions with others. It is important to speak positive, life-giving words of encouragement to our family and friends, as well as over our own lives. So don’t be too hard on yourself or others. You see, words can lift us up or tear us down spiritually and mentally.
Make a decision today to encourage, edify, and build up your life and the lives of those around you,
God speaks to us in many different ways. He may speak to us through an article, sermon, through another person, or even in through your own thoughts. He may also speak to us while we are reading the bible. Have you ever opened the Word of God and turned to a scripture passage that spoke to your circumstances? God wants to reveal things to you that you need to hear. As you listen to Him, He will lead and guide you into what will produce peace in your life.
The question is, are you listening? (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Stress is a part of each our lives in some way or another and it will always be! What’s most important is how we react to it. Here are 5 things to do when you are feeling stressed:
- Place Your Trust in God – Believe that God will take care of your situation in His perfect way and timing. (Isaiah 26:3)
- Humble Yourself – Honestly come before God and let Him know you can’t do it on your own. Recognize that you need His help to have success in any area of your life. (Proverbs 3:-5-7)
- Give Your Cares to Him – God wants you to throw your cares and worries onto Him and allow Him to carry the weight of them. (1 Peter 5:6-7)
- Choose to Think and Say Positive, Faith-Filled Statements From God’s Word
- PUSH -(Pray Until Something Happens)!
Here is a quick prayer to help you get started:
Father God, I am not sure what to do about my situation, but I know that I can’t fix it on my own. If there is something specific You want me to do, please show me. Meanwhile, I am going to trust You and enjoy my life while You work on my problems. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Have you made your 4th quarter goals? A new decade will be upon us in a few months! 2020! Can you believe it? Have you thought about how you would like to end the year? Well it is now time to evaluate where you are, and where you would like to be on December 31, as well as make preparations, plans, and goals for 2020 (myself included). Why wait until January 1st to set new goals? Tomorrow is not promised.
Proverbs 16:3; Proverbs 16:9.