When we commit ourselves to our spouse, we set ourselves apart for that person. We don’t live with one foot in the marriage. We are set aside as holy unto God and our spouse. The biblical meaning of “holy” is to set something apart for a special purpose.
My husband and I will be celebrating 37 years of marriage on November 20 and although it has not been easy, and has been filled with valley and mountain top experiences; it has been well worth it and has been used for God’s glory. In counseling and mentoring others I have heard the saying, “I didn’t sign up for this.” Well, actually you did when you made the vow “for better or worse.”
Rededicate yourself today to be “set apart” in your marriage and in devotion to your spouse.
It is my prayer that.God be the Apex of your marriage and that you fall deeper in love with Him and each other for His glory. Amen.
As Christians, we should be reflecting light and love in all of our interactions with others. It is important to speak positive, life-giving words of encouragement to our family and friends, as well as over our own lives. So don’t be too hard on yourself or others. You see, words can lift us up or tear us down spiritually and mentally.
Make a decision today to encourage, edify, and build up your life and the lives of those around you,
God speaks to us in many different ways. He may speak to us through an article, sermon, through another person, or even in through your own thoughts. He may also speak to us while we are reading the bible. Have you ever opened the Word of God and turned to a scripture passage that spoke to your circumstances? God wants to reveal things to you that you need to hear. As you listen to Him, He will lead and guide you into what will produce peace in your life.
The question is, are you listening? (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Stress is a part of each our lives in some way or another and it will always be! What’s most important is how we react to it. Here are 5 things to do when you are feeling stressed:
- Place Your Trust in God – Believe that God will take care of your situation in His perfect way and timing. (Isaiah 26:3)
- Humble Yourself – Honestly come before God and let Him know you can’t do it on your own. Recognize that you need His help to have success in any area of your life. (Proverbs 3:-5-7)
- Give Your Cares to Him – God wants you to throw your cares and worries onto Him and allow Him to carry the weight of them. (1 Peter 5:6-7)
- Choose to Think and Say Positive, Faith-Filled Statements From God’s Word
- PUSH -(Pray Until Something Happens)!
Here is a quick prayer to help you get started:
Father God, I am not sure what to do about my situation, but I know that I can’t fix it on my own. If there is something specific You want me to do, please show me. Meanwhile, I am going to trust You and enjoy my life while You work on my problems. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
Have you made your 4th quarter goals? A new decade will be upon us in a few months! 2020! Can you believe it? Have you thought about how you would like to end the year? Well it is now time to evaluate where you are, and where you would like to be on December 31, as well as make preparations, plans, and goals for 2020 (myself included). Why wait until January 1st to set new goals? Tomorrow is not promised.
Proverbs 16:3; Proverbs 16:9.
It is good for us to have goals and dreams for our lives. Having our dreams fulfilled takes life to a higher level. With a lot of hard work and the determination to not give up! Our dreams will come to pass. There are times when we notice progress and growth and then there are other times where we experience setbacks and discouragement because our goals and dreams are not happening fast enough. In the midst of it all, remember to trust God’s timing and not your feelings.
It is important to know what makes you happy or what brings you joy. In case you are “just making it” or “just getting by” in life or don’t know your purpose or have a life goal in mind, then I would recommend that you begin to live life with intention, and to find what brings you joy. Listed below are a few suggestions on how to experience more joy.
- Take note of what comforts you, inspires you or encourages you so that when you have a low point in life (and we all do) you can refer to your notes and do something (such as a bubble bath, lighting a candle, or retail therapy) to bring you out of your slump.
- Take care of your basic needs such as eating healthy, exercising regularly and getting 6 to 8 hours of sleep, as well as manage stress in a positive way (for example, prayer, meditation, talking with a trusted friend or counselor about your problems).
- Take the time to create a playlist to uplift your spirit, or to listen to during your time of reflection. I hope this helps! Until next time, take care and be blessed.